Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Easter Eggs
A new tradition of ours seems to be dyeing eggs the day after Easter. It makes for a good FHE activity. We were just too busy with Spring Break and company to get it done before. 



Natalie had fun creating rainbow eggs again. I bought the kids Easter candy/presents now that everything is 50% off. I'm cheap that way plus we've never really done Easter baskets or presents for our kids on Easter Sunday. We always do an egg hunt on Saturday and that's it for us. They don't seem to mind. I figure with Christmas and birthdays and everything else we do for them, they get plenty of stuff. I'd like to focus more on the spiritual aspect of Easter. That's my goal for next year. To start some traditions focusing on the events of the Atonement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have yet to introduce my kids to easter egg dyeing. Maybe next year. I agree...I told Cam on Sunday about how Easter was about Jesus, and he goes, "No it's not." I felt awful about that, it's hard because the commercial stuff has really taken over. Like you, I'm going to make a much better effort to teach my kids the real meaning of Easter.
LOVE all of those pictures, and LOVE all of your posts lately! It makes me feel like I sort of know what's going on in your life, keep posting lots!!!
I'm not a big fan of the easter bunny/egg/candy tradition! Glad to know not everyone does it!! Miss you guys a ton. You are right... the girls are struggling. It does take awhile... I'm hoping for sooner then later!! See you guys in June.
I wish I had thought of just not doing it! Save me a bunch of time & trouble. I like the idea of getting everything 50% off the next day, though.
Kiana always wishes we'd do an egg hunt "Like DeAnn does for her kids." Lol! She thinks you're just the best Mom EVER! She remembers the year you were here & the girls had their egg hunt then came over to share their candy. What sweet babies you've got!
Post a Comment