Sunday, April 24, 2011
Couches and Paint: Update
So here are our new couches...
I still have a ton of decorating to do...wall art, paint, drapes and/or blinds, more furniture pieces... I'm a little embarrassed to post my incomplete living room, but I'm being kind so you can see our lovely couches. We ordered them from Costco so we had only seen them online. Fortunately I love them! They are a perfect mix of classy and comfy. Our old couches had holes in them that I had to hide with blankets and pillows and I am so happy to have them hiding in the basement.
Here is Megan's room (Dancing Green--Sherwin Williams)
And Natalie's room (Joyful Lilac--Sherwin Williams)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I like the green, it's pretty! And I had no idea you had such a nice living room...those windows are gorgeous! I need a house tour!! Enjoy your new couches, you guys deserve them!!!
Love the couches! They are beautiful! Cute green Megan room.
The couches look so comfortable! I love the color of Megan's room.
Love the pink and green! Love the couches! Leather is a good choice. Very neutral, spill-proof, and will go with anything! You are on your way to a gorgeous room! If it were mine, I'd add some color on the walls, an area rug, some greenery, side tables and lamps. Also some accessories on the mantle, like pottery, candles, plants, or platters, etc. For accessories, think large and few, not small and many. One more thing, I would position your pictures (above your large couch) closer together, perhaps as if they sat within an invisible rectangular border. Then visually they become a single unit, rather than a lot of separate pictures. Sorry, you didn't ask for my advice -- your home has some great possibilities and I tend to get carried away! :D
Love the pics, DeAnn. The new furniture is gorgeous and very comfortable I might say!! I really love the colors you chose for the girls bedrooms. I can't wait to see the living room painted! This is actually a good technique to use when trying to decorate. If you take photos of the room, right away something will catch your eye that doesnt quite look right. Especially when sharing with others. You are more likely to spot spaces that are missing something, or a place that needs a contrast or accent of color. That's all I have for design tips today! :)
HOORAY for Costco couches!! We just got our new leather couch there! And great color combos in the bedrooms. That's where I've been lazy 'cause the rooms are always so messy anyway!
The room is PURPLE! I don't know where people are getting the idea that it is pink!
Ha! Pink or purple! I thought it was purple - I love the green!!
Nice furniture - maybe I'll get to see it this summer! And, those peeps hanging from your fireplace are pretty cool, too!
Nice! Great choices on the couches and green and purple paint. I'm a fan!
Ooo, I love those couches. I want some like that so bad...but I think I'll wait to the kids are a little bigger. And...do you want to come paint my house? We've lived here for 4 years and have only painted the kids room. You're not doing too bad!
Those couches are amazing! Dark & leather, they'll be perfect for grubby kids since they hide stuff AND clean easily. I'm so jealous!I really want something totally classic like that. It reminds me of one of those rich, wood paneled library rooms...
Post a Comment