Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Trophies
Jonathan has been quite successful at work lately. On his trip to Florida a few weeks ago, his team won the bowling portion of their Olympics and he got this sweet bobble head bowling trophy. It's nice to know he's working hard on these business trips...
On a more official note, his team won a Leadership Excellence award. This is a great honor and accomplishment, but kind of an ugly trophy so he'll be keeping it at the office. Plus it looks like it could be used as a weapon.
As much as I complain about having moved around a lot, the reason we've done so is because Jonathan is having a successful career in supply chain. He graduated from BYU in April 2004 with an MBA. He started at Avery Dennison in NE Ohio in June 2004. He was hired as part of the GOLD Program (global operational leadership development--or something like that). We knew we'd be in Ohio for a year, move to another job for a year and then get hired somewhere in the company in a more permanent position. Thus the move to Fort Wayne, Indiana in August 2005--14 months later. That only lasted 10 months because a Material Manager position opened in Peachtree City, Georgia that they really wanted Jonathan to do. It was a great promotion so we took it with no hesitation. The plan was to stay there for a few years and then move back to Ohio where Avery Dennison is operationally headquartered. But 18 months later, Jonathan was recruited by Rockwell Automation which threw a wrench in that plan--and we were off to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 2 years later, Avery Dennison came calling and recruited Jonathan back to the company. So we came back to NE Ohio--the original plan in the first place! Since Avery Dennison is operationally based (for the most part) in Ohio, he can have a few more promotions without (fingers crossed) having to move again. I am proud of his hard work and the success and respect he has earned at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats to Jonathan! On both trophies :)
Now, with his promotions, etc., I'm looking forward to him starting up a second headquarters in Milwaukee, WI!
I complain a lot about moving, but that many times in that small amount of time, I didn't realize. You did tell me, but seeing it written down in different. I was glad you moved into the ward & we got to become friends. That was also a short time...but could still last a lifetime with the technology we have now. My girls love your family & we miss you tons. Tell your husband "Great Job & keep it up". Hope you are feeling a little more at home in NE Ohio?
Awesome. I Love that bobblehead
Your story helps me remember that when things don't happen according to our plan, they always end up being better in so many ways.
Miss you...can't wait for summer!
Hey, isn't he a black belt, too?
I like Jonathan!
I'm pretty proud of the old knucklehead too.
I'm pretty proud of Jonathan's amazing wife! :) Oh...and him too! :)
Patty
I couldnt imagine moving so much, it's good that you are a loving and supportive wife. Hopefully we have you for good! Congrats on the trophies. Johnathan bowls, we ZUMBA!!
Post a Comment