Sunday, July 17, 2011
Swimming & Tennis
Natalie and Megan had tennis camp this past week. It was the first time playing tennis for both of them and they loved it and did a great job. Their instructor is the tennis coach at one of the local high schools and I was so impressed with him. He speaks so kindly and patiently with the children. They have it again in a week and Karen wants to sign up this time.
Their lessons are at the Outdoor Y so we swam almost every day this week. Karen made awesome progress! First she overcame her fear and went on the "twisty slide"--and loved it! Then she took the deep water swim test and passed it. Just a couple of months ago she was still clinging to her swim teacher in 3 feet of water and now she can swim, unassisted, in 12 1/2 feet deep water! Yay!! Then she went on the "drop slide". I'm still a little surprised she was even willing to try that one, but I'm so happy that she's happy and confident at the pool.
Update: Pictures from Week 2 of Tennis Camp


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed with all three of them--the tennis players and the swimmer.
That's awesome! I wish my kids were more comfortable with water. Cam still has never been swimming in anything but a kiddie plastic pool. We've tried, but he is PETRIFIED. Nate and I both don't really enjoy swimming either, so we just never go. I might try to get Cam into lessons next summer because I think it's safer for kids to know how to swim. We'll see.
Post a Comment