Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break Part I

We kicked off our Spring Break with a trip to Fort Wayne. Grandpa Green came too! When we arrived, they had been working in the kitchen making wonderful food. And it was a beautiful new kitchen with freshly painted white cabinets and new curtains. So pretty!
The next day we toured the DeBrand Chocolate store where they make all their chocolates. We got to sample some divine treats. Then in the gift shop we all splurged on ice cream, floats, chocolate cheesecake, truffles, etc. Yum, yum. We've decided we might add a box of truffles to our Fort Wayne trips.

The kids had fun doing an egg hunt the day before Easter. That evening we had Natalie and her friend Alexis babysit and the adults went to Eddie Merlot's for dinner. It was very nice and so good! I had potato leek soup, pork, asparagus, mashed potatoes and a berry torte I could barely eat by the time it arrived. I was so full!


On Easter Sunday we managed to get a somewhat decent family photo and then we attended Rachel's baptism (the real motivation for this trip). It was a wonderful event. Natalie gave a talk about baptism and played flute music as an interlude.

We headed home the next day after lunch at...you guess it--Culvers! We love our trips to Fort Wayne!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a wonderful vacation! Can't believe how tall Natalie is. All the kids look so great. Deann looks like one of the sisters.