Friday, February 20, 2009

Future Bureaucrat?

Natalie is giving an oral report about Neptune today. One of the facts she's mentioning is that Neptune is 4,498,252,900 kilometers away from the sun. I asked her if she wanted to practice saying that number. Without missing a beat and without checking her written report she spouted out with, "four billion, four hundred ninety eight million, two hundred fifty two thousand, nine hundred." Okay, I guess she's got it. Here's a picture of her diorama.

6 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Wow good job Natalie! She's such a smartie pants!!

Anonymous said...

No way! My daughter Brooke just gave an oral report on Neptune a couple months ago. (Apparently they've got great surfing there.)

Robyn said...

That's way better than I could do!

Keri said...

Looks great. Spencer is obsessed with Space...he just did his oral report on comets and brought in his own homemade "dirty snowball", made of snow and sand, in a cooler to show his class. I'll have to show him a picture of this...he'll love it!

Stephanie said...

What a smartie! As soon as I saw that number, I wondered how to say it out loud! I'm glas you worte it out for me. ☺

ashley said...

smarty pants!