Thursday, May 14, 2009

Speech Therapy

Isaac graduated from speech therapy. He no longer has a 25% delay so he doesn't qualify for the Birth to Three program anymore.  He had his initial evaluation in March.  At that time he was just saying a couple of words and had the language abilities of a 12 month old (he was 19 months old then).  He had one session in March, one in April and one today.  How 90 minutes of speech therapy took him to the level of an 18 month old (he's 21 months), I don't know.  I think he never really needed the therapy and was on the brink of using language.  He still has a ways to go but he's got a decent vocabulary and obviously understands most or all of what we say to him.  

1 comment:

amy said...

good for Isaac! and I love that TLCB has made your 'fellow bloggers' list!! now, you just need to leave a comment!!