I've been off the grid for awhile. So what's been up? Not much except that Jonathan is getting a new job. Yep, you read that correctly. He was about to surpass his record of 2 years at the same job so he figured it was time for a new one. He starts at Rockwell Automation (yes, the company he worked for in Milwaukee) on October 10. They wooed him back--just like Avery Dennison wooed him back in 2009. Oh my. See the problem is that the only reason I came to Ohio was because we were never going to move again. I should have known better. And now the only reason I can stomach this move is because I love Milwaukee (and I'm hopeful that we'll never move again but realize that we most likely will). It felt like home and I'm so happy to be going back. I would have been fine to stay here because it would have not meant moving anymore. My kids are doing well, have wonderful friends and are involved in many great things. That's the painful part of this. And I will miss it. Lately it's become more dear to me just knowing that I'm leaving. I'll miss Kirtland, childcare at the grocery store, Lake Erie (although I get Lake Michigan so can I really count that?), my kids' school/teachers, 10:00 church forever, my calling as Primary pianist, my house, and the people. That's what it always comes down to. The people you leave behind. But I get to go back to this:
But here's the deal. We're not moving until school's out in June. Jonathan is going to fly to Milwaukee on Monday mornings, fly home on Thursday evenings and work from home on Fridays (or at the Rockwell offices in Cleveland). He may occasionally work in Cleveland for a week at a time and not have to travel to Milwaukee. And he'll travel some so he'd be gone anyway. So we hope we can make this work until the end of the school year. I don't want to disrupt my kids in the middle of a school year for a 3rd time. So no talk of moving after this (although my MKE friends can talk about it all they want!). I don't want the dark cloud of a move hanging over my head for 8 months. Moving is hard and depressing and I don't want to worry about it yet!
PS--anyone that wants to see us in Ohio better come before June!
2 comments:
At least you get to go back to somewhere you like. Good Luck!!
Seriuosly?! Just reading all your posts has me exhausted. You are one amazing woman! Your kids are so cute and you look great!
Post a Comment