So Michigan was a lot of fun. I'm glad I went. I wasn't sure how I'd do making the drive alone and having the kids by myself for a few days. But it was all completely worth it. The kids played so well all day Thursday. That evening we rode
surrey bikes with the church youth group. Like last time it was a lot of fun and the weather was just perfect. Friday morning we went to
Air Zoo. The past few times we've gone to Michigan we've talked about going but it's rather expensive. They have free admission right now though--you just have to pay for rides. But most of the kids were free so we didn't have to spend much to see the museum and let the kids go on a few rides. Air Zoo is right by the Kalamazoo Airport and we also got to see 2 planes take off. That was pretty cool.
Karen and Hannah really bonded on this trip, even though Hannah is 2 1/2 years older and has 2 siblings closer in age to Karen. Fortunately there wasn't too much drama as a result.

I got to squeeze into the airplane ride with Isaac and Aaron since they were too short to go without an adult.

Isaac had fun flying the space shuttle.

And checking out the guns.

The drive home went really well. Traffic made it about an hour longer but I drove straight through-5 hours, no stops.
2 comments:
boys like guns.g
I love the gun picture!
It was really fun to see Hannah and Karen play so well together--I'm really glad you came, too! (especially since Christian was barely home even if he wasn't technically out of town)
Post a Comment