Sunday, July 12, 2009

Other Happenings

I tend to blog the highlights. Trips, holidays, fun runs, etc. In the meantime, I've been trying to keep Karen and Isaac busy. Oh, side note...Natalie and Megan flew to Utah with my parents on July 1. They are still there and will be there until we join them on July 25 and bring them home on August 7. They are having a blast with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Much more fun that I could/would have provided them with. So this past week, Karen, Isaac and I went swimming at the Brown Deer Pond, twice. With friends. Fortunately it decided to reopen and the sun decided to once again warm up Wisconsin. It's a great place--there is a large shallow area for non-swimmers to play in as well as a beach to build sandcastles, dig holes, etc. The challenge is keeping Isaac entertained and corralled. He likes to run off to the bathrooms and it gets annoying to chase him down. He also likes to pick up trash and put it in the garbage can. Slightly gross but I let it slide. They should give him a free hot dog or something for helping out. Karen does great and loves floating around on her noodle. Another day we headed to Bayshore Mall for an outdoor concert. It was a fun duo (Fox and Branch) and they geared all the songs for kids. I had the chasing Isaac problem again so we didn't stay as long . We also went to the Botanical Gardens. The flowers were beautiful. We slowed down on Friday and Isaac took his nap at his normal time. Our ward had a party that night--yummy BBQ and private pool time. Isaac LOVED going down the water slide over and over again (with me holding on tight). This week I'm heading to Michigan for a few days to let Robyn entertain us.

4 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Pretty pictures! I love bright flowers.
Glad you're enjoying being a mom of 2 for a few weeks! Must feel like cake!!

Whitney said...

I understand the chasing thing. Gets very old very fast. Down to two kids!

Robyn said...

Why do we get so excited when they learn how to walk?
Sounds like fun! It must be nice to be able to do things with just the two little ones and know that the older kids are completely taken care of!

Keri said...

It sounds like you are keeping plenty busy. I'm getting really sick of being cooped up...I need to get out! :) And how nice is it that you only have 2 kids for a while. I'm sure you miss them, but I bet it's nice to focus on just 2.