Monday, February 1, 2010

Warm Welcome

We made it to Ohio. I love my house! I was a little worried that it wouldn't look as good once we put all of our stuff in it. But it's still lovely. I have big plans for it but all in good time. We are a little cash poor right now thanks to a 20% down payment, new appliances, a mailbox, new tires, etc. The kids love the jetted bath tub in the master bathroom. The house is still a mess so I don't have too many pictures to post yet. It's great to be back in the Perry Ward. We lived in Concord Twp, Ohio from July 2004-August 2005 and we were so sad to move away. We told everyone we'd be back in 5 years and here we are. It is a nice change to be moving back as opposed to starting fresh. 3 families have brought us dinner the past few days which has been a huge help. Especially since I just got my oven today. I love my kitchen. It's so spacious and there is a place for everything. Even Isaac. Our neighbors stopped by yesterday with a plate of cookies and a homemade card. That just made the whole move okay right then. If we have awesome, friendly neighbors that make the first move to introduce themselves then I'm set. They have 2 daughters that match up perfectly in age with Natalie and Megan. They also told us about all of the other kids on our street (although I can't remember any names, genders or ages at this point). The kids are doing fantastic. I registered Natalie and Megan for school on Friday and met their teachers. They both seem great. Natalie and Megan are home from their first day of school and they give it an A+. They spent the afternoon at their new friends' house across the street.

It's sad to think about what we've left behind but I'm glad that things will be good here.

14 comments:

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

I'm so happy for you guys (guess that's why I have tears in my eyes as I read this? It couldn't be that I feel sorry for myself that you are gone)!

Catherine Faux said...

Yay! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Keri said...

Yay! It sounds like it's going to be great!

Melinda said...

I wish they all were meaner to you...so you'd have to come back! But I'm glad things have gone so well for you, and love this ability we have to keep tabs from a distance! Good luck with more housework!

Robyn said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're still happy about the move! We're excited to come visit you guys...sometime!

We are 3. said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well for you and that you feel good about things! Yay for changes?! But we still miss you guys!

Robyn said...

I'm also very impressed that you already found a new name for your blog! And I just realized that I still have Santa on mine...

Katie said...

What a relief, huh!? So glad for you guys.

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

No Lucas Cates Though! he is overrated...... shsh!

COLE said...

so glad you made it safely! you could probaly write a book on how to move with four kids! amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

your house looks fab, I would love that tub!

Unknown said...

Do you have the new address/phone yet? We have to Google Earth to check it out.

Alexia said...

I'm so excited! you're like a 6 hour drive now!

DADDY said...

It is like a dream, the time in Milwaukee, it will fade and become thin like tissue paper, these pictures will refresh you mind and become a joyful thing with these children forever young. But I love you no matter how you are or what you do.