Friday, April 23, 2010

Art

I finally got some energy to organize the basement. I stacked all of our empty moving boxes according to size and listed them on craigslist. A lady is coming tomorrow to get them for $75. Not a bad deal. I unpacked all of our #10 cans and organized them on tables (we have no shelving at the moment). We have a lot of rice! I cleaned up the toy area that really doesn't get used because the kids are scared of the basement. And the coolest thing I did was hang up Natalie and Megan's school artwork from the past couple of years. They have some really cool pieces--a couple I'd like to frame and display upstairs. It looks a little more homey down there now. I still have a lot more junk to go through (somehow my piles followed me here) but I was pleased with my progress.
Megan had her 2nd Grade Concert last night. She was a penguin--she and her peers did the cutest little penguin waddle. It was a cute concert. Sometimes school programs are a bit painful to sit through but this one was good. Not too long, good music, etc.

5 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Wow, I love the artwork! It looks great! I should send you one of Cam's alien people to hang up! jk

Melinda said...

Yeah for organizing...wanna come back and attack mine? :)

I love the artwork idea. Great because my fridge is already filled up and no-one's even in school yet!

Anonymous said...

nice job on the basement, love all the pictures on the wall, great idea

Nancy said...

It looks really neat down there--amazing art!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Great job! Really cute! Love the penguins...the real ones smell funny!

:) Patty