Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Spring!
I came home from my trip to Wisconsin to green grass and a flowering tree. I love it! I can't wait to plant bulbs this fall so I can have tulips and daffodils next spring.

Jonathan put training wheels on Karen's bike--we gave up on trying to make her learn to ride a two-wheeler. She's having a blast riding around our neighborhood (I need to get her a helmet!). There are only 12 houses in our subdivision and it ends in a cul-de-sac so we have minimal traffic. It's great.
I'm sort of potty training Isaac. I'll see how it goes for a couple of days and then decide if now is really the time. It'll be nice to be done with diapers...forever!
I wanted my own stash of hard boiled eggs so we colored eggs last night. Natalie and I made these cool rainbow eggs.
To make your very own: First you dip 3/4 of the egg in yellow. Plan on having the yellow stripe be in the middle of the egg. For the orange, dip it into red just below center for a few seconds until it's orange. Then dip the end into red for a long time until it turns red. Now turn the egg over and dip it into blue so that you get the green stripe. Don't forget to leave some yellow in the middle! When it's the desired shade of green, pull the egg out of the blue just enough to leave the green out of the dye, and leave it in the blue longer. The final step is to dip the tip of the blue side into the red to create purple. Voila! And there's your rainbow egg. (credit--Shelley Detton)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wish Cam could come ride bikes with his cousins. Pretty flowers! And cool egg....leave it to Shelley, right?
What? Colored eggs post-Easter?? You guys are WILD!! :)
Those eggs are awesome! I'm patiently waiting for spring to officially arrive here. We've had a few warm days mixed with snow storms, so it doesn't quite feel like we're there yet.
cool eggs, we have got to meet up with Shelly. Glad you got to go to Wisconsin- missing friends is not so much fun.
love the photos
Nick
Ahh Spring!! Wish it would stick around longer...but the green is so nice! I was thinking about potty training my little 2 year old buddy, but then I think about our summer cross country drive and think I will wait...that could be interesting! Sad part, he's ready but I'm not! Good luck, I'm rooting for you.
Post a Comment