PS--the damage to the buses was minor. The air had been let out of the tires of most of the buses. By the time it was discovered it was too late to have the buses ready for the school day. Not sure why that justified cancelling school but we had a great day!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
On Monday morning we had all just dragged ourselves out of bed for family scripture study and to get ready for the school day. The bus comes at 7:23 so scripture study is at 6:45. We were just about to start reading when the doorbell rang. What the...??!! It was our neighbors telling us that school was cancelled because of damage to the buses. My first thought was--everyone back to bed! We got an automated call a few minutes later telling us the same thing. After realizing going to the YMCA and grocery store wasn't going to be as much fun with 4 kids, I decided it was the perfect day to go to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. I bought a membership a few weeks ago via Groupon for way cheap but wasn't sure when I was ever going to be able to go since 1/2 day Kindergarten chops up my day. The kids were so well behaved and we had a really great time. The pictures are phone quality...sorry.
Perry the Platypus



We were going to hit Sam's Club and Giant Eagle on the way home but Isaac puked in the car(yeah, he still does that on rare occasion). So we came straight home and had pancakes for dinner since the fridge was pretty empty.
PS--the damage to the buses was minor. The air had been let out of the tires of most of the buses. By the time it was discovered it was too late to have the buses ready for the school day. Not sure why that justified cancelling school but we had a great day!
PS--the damage to the buses was minor. The air had been let out of the tires of most of the buses. By the time it was discovered it was too late to have the buses ready for the school day. Not sure why that justified cancelling school but we had a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I never heard of that before but I guess if the buses go down. Sounds like fun day
Nick
Karen almost looks like Ella in that top picture! Probably the bangs...
Your girls are getting SO big...and so beautiful! I'm sorry Isaac hurled in the car...Roo puked all day on Sunday. I HATE cleaning up after that!
I love your family! Your kids are so cute & well behaved whenever I see them!!
What a fun day!
Fun! And we love Perry the Platypus...I think he has become an imaginary friend at our house.
I swear you are always up to something fun, you are my inspiration to get out more :) cute kids
Hey... where's Perry? What a fun outing.
Post a Comment