We spent a really fun weekend with Christian, Robyn & their 4 kids in Michigan. Despite living in 3 different states, we have lived 4 hours away from them for 4 years. They are moving to Indiana soon and will still be about 4 hours away! We left Thursday after school and made good time driving there. Isaac had been asking to play with Aaron for weeks and was happy to finally be on his way. He also liked eating the road trip snacks. The kids had fun playing the rest of the evening and we had a fun time staying up too late visiting.
On Friday we went to a park and played Frisbee. It was a beautiful day, the trees were gorgeous, and I got addicted to Frisbee. Later we took the kids to Culvers for dessert. They still really miss that about Wisconsin. I assured them that Fort Wayne has a Culvers so they can still go when we visit C&R in Indiana.
Jonathan's dad, sister Bethany and brother Peter arrived in the middle of the night and we saw them Saturday morning. We went to Hannah's baptism, which was lovely (and the motivation for the visit).
After the baptism we rushed over to the soccer fields for Hannah, Rachel and Nathan's games. Here's Isaac hiding in the trees,

Jonathan and his dad,

Natalie and Bethany,

and Peter and Christian (still in his church clothes) playing shadow tag.

Later that evening after eating every type of meat known to mankind (steak, pork, chicken, trout, crab, and shrimp), we went back to the park to play Frisbee. We got an actual game of Ultimate Frisbee going and it was a blast.

It was a great weekend! I think I will stay put now for awhile until Thanksgiving...
5 comments:
I wish I lived 4 hours from you! Nate & I picked up frisbee this summer and have loved it!! Cam is getting pretty good too! I'm glad you get to see your family so much!
looks like a lot of fun, it's nice to spend time with fam. Also, love that you did a girl trip to see your band, very cool!
Glad you had a good time. Missed you at church. Let me know when you can come get the tramp. I am going out of town on friday night & will be gone for a week. You can come then...we just need to make arrangements. Call me.
I'm so impressed you already posted! Thanks for coming!
You are always on the go! Way to go - looks like it was a blast!
Post a Comment