The highlights of my blog (for me) used to be my posts about hanging out with my really awesome friends. Whether it was being a groupie at a gig, tubing down a snowhill, going out to dinner and a movie, I had fun things to do and fun people to do them with and that makes a blog more...well, fun.
I'm almost at my year mark in Ohio (gasp!). They say it takes a year so I guess I'm settled here now and love it. Right. It does feel like home here and I like that we are making plans to stay here and not planning our next move...knock on wood. My kids are thriving. Jonathan enjoys his job (most days) and is doing well. I'm not supposed to tell you but he got a Leadership Excellence award. I do need some help decorating my house. It still looks like we just moved in, minus the boxes and packing paper.
But how am I doing? I'm having fun! I joined a Bunco group. I was a sub a few times last year and always had a great time. Now I'm a regular. Bunco is funny because you have short, distracted, cut-off conversations with different people all night--kind of like speed dating. I do miss longer, in-depth conversations, but Bunco is always a good time. I love my play group I started a few months ago. There are 5 regulars and our kids have fun together (for the most part) and as moms we enjoy the diverson and company. Last night I planned a dinner for a group of ladies to celebrate 2 birthdays. 13 (of so) of us met up at a mexican restaurant and had a great time eating and visiting. Everyone commented how much fun they had and that we need to do things like this more often. Yes! I/We need friends! It's the loneliest part of moving--missing your old friends and waiting to make new ones. And not just making friends but going out and doing fun things. So while band gigs may never make their way back into my blog, here's hoping for many more girls' night outs!!
5 comments:
I don't hang out with my girlfriends nearly as much as I'd like to. It's hard when Nate isn't around or has homework, so my ladies nights out aren't very frequent. Hoping to change that the moment he graduates, yay!! Can't wait for you to come this summer, I need my sister!!
I just had a girls' morning! We all went on a 5 mile run/walk in the beautiful sun. LOVE MY GIRL TIME.
I'd love to help you decorate! (I don't know what I'm doing but it's fun) Next time I'm going through your town I'll stop by... haha
Awesome...you need it!
Good to know the one-year rule is true. But I wish it was more like 6 months...Wishful thinking.
I am so glad that you have gone out, planned playdates and do bunco. We do need friends and places we can decompress!
You are always good for making friends because you are such a good friend to others! Your band gig girls have sadly not been getting together much without you, Emily, and Cynthia!
Come visit so we have an excuse for a girls' night!
:) Patty
Post a Comment