I watched It's A Wonderful Life, starring Jimmy Stewart. It's the first time I've ever seen it. I loved it! It made me cry. I love the end when all the townspeople are bringing him money and someone comments..."George Bailey, the richest man in town". It really drives home the lesson that material things and wealth aren't important. It's our hearts and how we treat others.
In keeping with the Stewart theme, they came over for Christmas Eve. We had a fancy dinner with ribs, cheesy potatoes, broccoli, homemade rolls and layered Jell-O. And eggnog punch: 1/2 gallon orange sherbet, 1 can orange juice concentrate, 1 quart egg nog, 2 liter 7-Up.
I mentioned this punch as a family tradition of mine growing up and Daniel insisted that we make it. He and Jonathan had to make a run to the store to get 7-Up and sherbet. Pick N Save was closing right as they got there. There was a man letting people out, but not it. So they decided to try Wal-Mart. On the way there they passed a Walgreens and decided to give it a shot. Sure enough, they had orange sherbet--who knew?! So we got to have the delicious punch. And they will add it to their Stewart Family Food Notebook. 

1 comment:
Sounds fun! We'll have to do your eggnog for New Years!
Post a Comment