Saturday, December 12, 2009

Our House--hopefully

We haven't made an offer yet but we found our house! We aren't getting the one with the singing kitchen. In person, the kitchen was still fabulous but the rest of the house just didn't feel right. The house we want is brand new and absolutely beautiful. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a 3 car garage, 0.5 acre lot, a big laundry room, wood floors, great carpet, an awesome desk area in the kitchen, a large, unfinished basement for future expansion, a beautiful lot with mature trees, and on and on. It has oak moldings which really are not my favorite. The Midwest has an inexplicable obsession with wood moldings. But they work in this house. I'm way excited!

I'm a little hesitant to put pictures up because I don't think the pictures look as good as the real thing. But I know you're all curious and if I was reading your blog, I'd want pictures!

The backyard--I love the mature trees and the kids will have a blast exploring the "forest".
The master bath--the kids are excited about the jetted tub; Jonathan and I are excited to have our own bathroom again. And a walk-in closet. I love the window--but we'll need to get blinds quickly since it looks out onto the street.
The kitchen--it doesn't sing in this picture but in real life it's beautiful. I love the wood floors, the size, the island, and the desk area (which is the counter/cabinet area in the front left of the picture). I can't stand that white door so I'll either have to get used to it or we'll be replacing doors at some point. We also get to buy a fridge and a stove. We'll use our ghetto fridge for awhile but get a nice stainless steel oven right away to match the stainless steel dishwasher that is already there. I'm excited to have a disposal again. And a pantry that's in the kitchen instead of the dining room.
We're still offering and counter-offering so hopefully this house will become our home.

15 comments:

amy said...

NICE! i'm excited for me to come visit you!

Adam Green said...

It looks beautiful!! Yeah for good houses and great buyers' markets.

We are 3. said...

adorable!

Keri said...

It's beautiful!! I hope you guys get it. I want to see pictures of the inside. :)

Robyn said...

so when can i come visit?
--looks and sounds amazing!

Becca Jane said...

Very cute address!!
I dream of a big laundry room someday....enjoy yours! It's beautiful, congrats!

Catherine Faux said...

Get us one and we'll pay you back...later...much later. I love it.

Melinda said...

I love it, and am so happy for you...and can't wait to see more of it!

Whitney said...

The house looks so cute on the outside! I can't wait to see inside pics, it sounds fabulous. You deserve a nice big beautiful house.

Keri said...

I love it. Especially the lot. Your kids are going to LOVE that. Thanks for the pictures. You're right...I'm sure we were all waiting for them. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

rnp said...

So paint the wall in a paint that is magnetic or chalkboard and make it a family art gallery/message board.

Nancy said...

I am so excited for you guys. I'm guessing you could sing in this kitchen, too. The new appliances, and a new house with nothing broken . . . Yippee!

Cynthia said...

Yes it is lovely! Quite the upgrade from the red carpet house you are renting now.
I wish I could visit you in your new house.
Oh and I totally agree with you on this strange obsession the Midwest has on ugly oak moldings. Every apartment I have had here has fake oak moldings. YUCK.

Stephanie said...

Gosh, it looks so much like the house you had here but nicer. I hope you are as happy there as you were here!

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

Can I be happy for you but sad for us (that you're leaving) at the same time? You guys deserve this! It's looks fantastic!

PB