Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Team Jacob


My friend Cynthia, and fellow TLCB groupie, is moving to Portland. Since I grew up near Portland, I'm a little jealous. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one moving. Cynthia and I can commiserate together while everyone has fun without us.
We had a party in her honor last night. After talking and loading up on snacks, we had a white elephant gift exchange. Jonathan had the brilliant idea for me to take a Jacob doll (Twilight) as my gag gift. I called around to a few Targets--two were sold out and a third had an Edward doll. Good enough. Jonathan picked it up on his way home from Ohio yesterday. After a little bit of wrangling, Amy ended up with Edward. She has him proudly displayed on her desk at work. Pictures are pending...Cynthia ended up with a pretty good gag gift as well--a mustard yellow bra. I got a shirt big enough to cover a car and a Jacob bookmark.

Then we watched Twilight with a RiffTrax commentary in the background. Oh my, I haven't laughed that hard in so long. It was so funny and perfectly captures all that is wrong with that movie.

We'll miss you Cynthia. Thanks for all the good memories.

2 comments:

amy said...

I thought your coaster said "Team Mark"?

Keri said...

Team Jacob, seriously?! Twilight...it's good times. :)