I had a great trip to Ohio. It was a little stressful beforehand because my mom's trip to visit fell through. And there was a snowstorm the day I left. But we know awesome people here who helped us out and I was able to leave the kids in good hands. And the weather cooperated enough to let me fly out. It was great to see Jonathan again. He loves his new job. I got to shop alone and we ate out on the company's tab. And I was reminded how much I love Ohio. Even though I don't want to move. Jonathan and I drove back together on Friday and he spent a day and a half at home before he drove back Sunday afternoon.
It's been tough having Jonathan gone but I am surviving. The kids are being really good. And I've had company both weekends. The first weekend Emily's and Amy's husbands were also out of town and we got together on Saturday for pizza and games. The next weekend, Katie's husband was out of town so she and her kids came over for Sunday dinner. I've had a lot of wonderful friends to help and support me.
I hung out with Emily yesterday--my running partner. I will miss running with her. I wonder if I'll do it on my own. Probably not. We've actually been slackers lately with travel, cold weather and absent husbands (do I dare leave my kids alone while they're sleeping to run for 30 minutes?). But we still work out two mornings a week. I have awesome muscles.
Has anyone noticed that I haven't been to a Lucas Cates gig in over 3 months?! We're scheduled to go on January 2. My last one, sniff, sniff. Amy, Emily, Cynthia, Patty & Katie--I know you've noticed. And I think maybe the band has too...
5 comments:
I'm sure your move is bittersweet!! Big changes always feel that way, i think!!
Miss you guys....it just breaks my heart that we only see each other and our families once a year.
the TLCB Milwaukee groupie base is diminishing rapidly in the next 2 months!
I'm glad you get to move into a nice, big house! It would be extra sad if you had to move into a less-than-ideal rental in a dumpy city.
Yay you got the house! Sad that you have to move. :( I'm sure you have lots of new adventures to look forward to. Change is hard, but usually ends up being for the better, right? It sounds like you've done great zonder husband, but it will be nice for you to be together again. Good luck with the move!
I'm sure the band misses their married mommy groupies!
I am excited about the house. We get to see it! I'm sad you are sad about Ohio but yeah for the Greens being closer to us.
Post a Comment