Then we ate at Applebees. 3 people got sung to by the wait staff but Emily pleaded with us not to spill the beans about her birthday and we were kind. The food was great and we had a great time talking.
Next on the docket was Stella's to see The Lucas Cates Band. We got a great table right up in front. We got carded--my first time. We had so much fun listening to the great music, laughing at the the weird people dancing, dancing ourselves to Bust a Move, drinking hot chocolate and water, taking pictures, watching the bass player groove, listening to Kenny & Mark solo, getting our CDs autographed and acting like a bunch of crazed groupies. The gig ended at 12:30 am and we got back to Milwaukee at 2:00 am. Insane. We all have church at 9:00!! We were all there though...on time. And I think we all stayed awake. It was such a fun time. TLCB is gigging in Milwaukee on January 29. I'm circling the date on my calendar but the lack of a smoke free ordinance may keep me away. We'll see.
6 comments:
Sounds like a fun night! Always good to get away once in awhile! What kind of music does that band play?
I took bowling in college and never scored higher than a 110. Oh well! It's always fun!
I LOVE girls night out! Sounds like you have a fun group of friends. And Yay for Isaac...that's so nice!
all right, then, if you won't come out on January 29, then we'll have to drive all the way to Madison again for a gig at the end of the month! Christmas party at Brink Lounge December 20th!
Wow! That really is the best girls' night out ever. I am totally jealous!
I want a girls night out too! Invite me next time.
That sounds too fun! And I can't believe you've never been carded before! Of course, they quit carding me when I was 19 (shhhhhh). You know, FW has a no smoking ordinance... ;-)
Post a Comment