Earlier in the week Jonathan got a call from the music chairperson asking me to sing a solo in church. After a good laugh, I called her back to let her know that she got bad information and that I do not sing solos. But I couldn't just say no so I told her our family would come up with something. Jonathan and I have said for 10 years that we should learn a piano/cello duet and play in church sometime. So we used this as an opportunity to finally do that. We bought an arrangement of O Holy Night/Silent Night online and practiced, practiced, practiced. Jonathan hadn't played his cello (other than showing it to the kids) in 7 years. I hadn't played more than a hymn in 2 years. But we mangaged to pull off a presentable musical number. I was glad to have a cello to hide behind.
Oh, and I got sustained as the Relief Society President today.
11 comments:
Wow! it sounded awesome...i just figured you guys sat around and did that all the time by the way you played!
That's so cool! Wish we could have seen that! Between Nate, Jonathan & Rob, we all married some musicians, how funny!
Wow, big day! Glad the music went well, and good luck with your new calling (as if you didn't already have enough to do!)
You guys did great!! I loved it!
What!?!! Relief Society President? Are you coping? :) My good friend is actually our RS Pres and she's only 27. I don't live in a young ward either...there are plenty of older women. It's just inspired, so I'm sure you're up for the job. Congrats on the musical number. Where did you find the music? I'm always looking for places to get good arrangements.
I wish I could have been there to hear/see that. I'm sure it was beautiful. Good luck on your new calling. I was recently put in as the Primary President and thought that was kind of weird...I haven't had anything to do with Primary since I was in primary my self. Not even experience with my kids in primary yet. Anyway, I know what RS presidents go through and know you'll do great!
Congrats DeAnn on the calling. I played my violin in church too with a piano and we played that very same song. I wonder if it was just the violin version. WHo knows. That's funny though.
I bet it sounded great. though I'm sure you could have sung a solo as well.
Bill & I could sing a duet and clear the church out in 3.2 seconds. Everyone would have the sudden urge to use the bathroom. You will do great at your calling. We are rooting for you.
Wow...sneaky though, the last blurb, something about being RS pres. still got the message, I'm sure you're still in shock. I didn't know Jonathan played the cello...I love the cello, wish he could have played while you lived here. I bet is was magical. Merry Christmas
I would have loved to see that! I really enjoyed Kiana's Thanksgiving concert & now she is planning one for Christmas & I just can't wait! If you guys still lived here, we could have had a little Christmas trio!
CONGRAGULATIONS on getting to be Relief Society President. Being a Lutheran, I had to consult my LDS girlfriend on this one & she informed me that it is a big deal. Also, I apologize for not being so totally impressed that you got to go to the church in Chicago, but my girlfrined filled me in on this, too & now I'm really impressed! You guys rock!
Post a Comment