Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diary of a Trip, Day 6

Day 6 we went to York, Maine. After roasting in Boston, we got a cooler, foggy day in Maine. Wish we could have traded them. But the weather didn't ruin our fun at all--just the view. What we were supposed to see (taken in November when Christian & Robyn visited):What we saw (and we couldn't see this much when we first got there--we got this view after about 20 minutes):We played around on the rocks for awhile.(notice Isaac copying Andrew)The Fearsome Foursome (Megan, Jacob, Joshua & Natalie)
After lunch (clam chowder and lobster--the kids all had chicken!), we played on the rocks on the other side of the parking lot. The older kids had a blast. So did the younger kids but it was difficult on the parents' nerves so we didn't stay as long as we otherwise would have liked to.
Next we went to Stonewall Kitchen. It's a gourmet kitchen store...with samples. I got boysenberry and Maine blueberry jam and a couple of kitchen gadgets.

We decided it was worth it to deal with sand and wet clothes and stopped at a beach to let the kids swim. I'm SO glad we did. Even though the water was cold, the kids jumped right in. I was wishing I had my suit so I could jump in the waves--it looked so fun. After about 20 minutes it started raining. Doh! Once we could hear thunder we headed back to the vans and saw lightening by the time we were on our way. We made one last stop to buy the best blueberry pie (at $5 a slice--what is up with that?!) then drove home exhausted, wet and happy.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Awesome pictures! We may have had a better view, but it was November, so no swimming. The kids look like they had so much fun together! I think its awesome that all the cousins are such good friends.

Brittany said...

i love the pic of you and your hubby! how fun to tour around new england! i love all that history and they have the best resturants!