
Cat update: We have the world's most boring cat. She hangs out under the couch all day. Occasionally she graces us with her presence for a few minutes in the morning and/or evening. The kids are disappointed. Natalie wants to trade her in for a new cat. Her name should be Heidi (hidey), BG (first and last letters of boring) or Hermit Cat. I think she's perfect. I had reservations about getting a cat and most of the time I forget we have one. Hopefully she still has the potential to warm up to us.

We picked blackberries at the farm across the street from us. I made jam, a pie and a
fruit freeze. Yum! We had a lot of fun picking. I wasn't sure how it would go with 4 kids, but they were all great helpers.

We went to the beach one last time before school started. Natalie and her friend Emmah dug a deep hole then buried their legs in it. It took Natalie some frantic digging to get out! Later that evening we went to the Outdoor Y. Jonathan came so I got to sit on a chair and read the Reader's Digest.

Natalie and Megan started school a day before Karen so I took Karen and Isaac to the zoo. Since Karen has 1/2 day Kindergarten, Isaac and I won't have time for lengthy field trips (zoo, farmpark, etc). But we're having fun going to the park, library, YMCA, play dates, store, etc.

We got to see a darling tiger cub.

School is good. Natalie, Megan and Karen all like their teachers and classes. It's so nice that they are not the new kids anymore. I'm getting back into running now that summer is over. I went 3 times this week--twice on the treadmill and once on the open road.
5 comments:
That sounds like a great cat!
I'm glad your girls are enjoying school--they deserve a good year!
I laughed out loud when I read about the boring cat! I like the names and especially get kicks out of Natalie wanting to trade it in for a new cat.
You're such a good mom - always taking your kids out to do fun things! That pie looks DELICIOUS!!
Maybe Buttons will warm up after awhile. Remember our cat Fancy? She hid for like 4 months, and then one day, she came up and jumped on my lap.
nice job on the jam and pie, yum. you are an awesome mom DeAnn
Post a Comment