Monday, August 9, 2010

Diary of a Trip, Days 7-8

On Day 7 we went back to the state park to swim in the lake. Karen and Andrew had fun "swimming" in the 2 feet deep water. They weren't touching the ground and they were moving, floating, swimming--whatever you want to call it. Karen was pretty pleased with herself. She's always been kind of afraid of the water so this was a nice change. Especially since she did it all on her own. She'd figured it out before she called me over to watch her.
Isaac turned 3 on August 5 (the day we went to Maine). We celebrated with cupcakes on Friday. He couldn't blow the candles out--it was the cutest thing. The candles and cupcake toppers are Toy Story themed.
He loved riding this rocket. I can't believe Isaac is 3. I told him I wanted him to stay 2 and be my baby. He replied, "I'm not a baby. I'm Isaac. You're a baby." Oh well.
That evening Jonathan, Peter, Courtney, Natalie, Megan, Joshua and Jacob played Laser Tag and roller skated. They all had a blast. Apparently the roller skating was quite comical. Unfortunately, no pictures.

Day 8 was another uneventful drive back to Ohio. We had a really fun time. I love vacations that involve visiting family. There is so much built-in entertainment for the kids. They are coming to see us the week after Christmas, along with Christian and Robyn. It will be another happy reunion!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

I can't believe our baby boys are (or will be) 3!!!

Annelise said...

well, well....sounds like fun. I might just be a teensy eensy bit jealous

Becca Jane said...

I just looked through all of your pictures! What a fun trip, your children are going to have so many great childhood memories to look back on. That little rocket the Isaac is riding is adorable! I've always thought he looks so much like Jonathan, but I can see more of you in him now....mostly his eyes. Cameron is scared of water too...he and Karen can hang out! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

We have that same rocket! I love Maine

Nick B

Anonymous said...

looks like such a fun trip, you have taken great picutres. Happy Birthday to Isaac, he looks like a kid!, no baby in that face :)

Brittany said...

what? isaac is 3?! no way! he's such a cutie! looks like a fun "beach"!